1. Try as many of the local brews as possible. There is so much more than just Guinness.
2. The booze are cheap, the cops don’t care if you’re drunk in public, and the atmosphere encourages heavy drinking. All of this can lead to having more fun than you thought humanly possible.
3. Bring a set amount of cash to spend on any given night. Do NOT give yourself the opportunity to spend more money than sober you wants to spend. Drunk you will justify spending more because the drinks are so cheap.
4. If you want to pace yourself order a half pint. It only costs 2 euro and your dignity.
5. Random Irish people will try to talk to you. Pubs are full of people who just want to chat. Do not be intimidated and engage in some great drunken conversations.